Back on Bed Rest

I returned to work last week Monday, but Wednesday afternoon I was having contractions every five minutes and had to go back to the hospital. They gave me a pill to stop the contractions and sent me home on bed rest a few hours later. I saw my doctor on Friday and she told me I needed to stay on bed rest and she transferred me to a new doctor who deals with high risk pregnancies. This is actually the same doctor I saw for my follow up ultrasound, so at least I already know her and like her. I'll be seeing her tomorrow and hopefully she'll have a better idea of why I keep having these contractions. The baby is still doing well; we just hope he stays in there for a while longer!

2 comments:

Lauren December 4, 2007 at 11:11 AM  

There was a Friends episode once where they joked that you should put pantyhose on to keep the baby in...try that!!!

kbradley December 5, 2007 at 6:43 PM  

Hang in there Baby! Hope all turns out well. I start weekly progesterone shots in 2 weeks until the baby is 36 weeks along in hopes of preventing a premature delivery. That's 17 weeks of shots!ouch. Take care.