Job Prospects

40 resumes sent out and applications filled, and just one response back from a prospective employer.

Any ideas who that one response is from? (Hint: See last post)

Yep, Legoland! After hearing from friends who work in the park about the open position(s), I submitted my application and waited. Last Thursday, I got a call from the park and had a phone interview that lasted about 25 minutes. On Saturday I got an email confirmation that I was being invited to the park on Wednesday and Thursday of this week to participate/compete in a set of building challenges that, if I perform well in, will lead to another interview and hopefully landing the job.

Am I excited? You bet I am. Although it's not the kind of work I thought I'd be doing after graduation (TV jobs are not only hard to find, but don't seem interested in me), at least its work doing something I enjoy doing. The word is that because the model building workshop is expanding so much in anticipation of Legoland Malaysia, more positions will open up within the next 9 months, and those who already have jobs can look forward to promotions if they're good enough.

Getting this job would mean uprooting the whole family and moving down to the San Diego area, Katie would have to find a new job, and we'd likely have to find daycare for Carter. None of these things is fun even by themselves, and all of them at the same time is going to be a special kind of nightmare.

We'll keep everyone as updated as we can throughout the week. I head down to Carlsbad on Wednesday morning!

2 comments:

denise @ little ant design June 22, 2009 at 5:27 PM  

If you need to stop for dinner on the way home feel free to stop by the house. Good Luck with the interview/building process.

denise @ little ant design June 26, 2009 at 10:33 AM  

How'd it go?