Well, I Got It

Most have heard by now: I was one of 5 new Model Builders offered jobs to work for Legoland California. One newspaper article quoted me as saying my acceptance of the position depended on the salary offer: immediately after talking with that reporter we were ushered into secret quarters and given our official offer letters. I was stoked beyond words, and signed the paperwork right then and there.

What does this mean for the family? Well, I report to work in a month. That gives us 30 days to find a new place to live, or I crash with friends or family down there so I can start working while Katie continues the search from home. We're hopeful we'll find a new home, though.

Katie's job was a huge concern for us. She earns more than me, and her boss relies on her a great deal. After she broke the news to him about my job offer, their discussion rather positively turned to talks of Katie working from our new home and driving up to the office to work a day or two every week (and stay with her parents while there!) If this pans out, not only will we still have two incomes, but we can scratch "Find Daycare for Carter" off our To-Do list!

For me this is a nearly $4/hr jump in pay, and working full-time means more hours than I ever had while I've been in school the last several years.

But wait, there's more! Full benefits include:
2 weeks paid vacation from the start!
Health, dental, vision, and life insurance a month after starting
401k six months after starting

Other awesome perks include:
30% discount on park shopping and food
Twice a year there are 50% off days on Lego. SWEET.
4 free passes to the park every quarter
Family Pass to the park Katie and Carter get in FREE anytime they want! Katie about jumped out of her seat with excitement when I told her this, she was so giddy.

There's more, but I don't remember all of it right now. Needless to say, we're super super excited, and we're looking forward to all the big changes, despite all the work and headaches it means to reshuffle our entire life.

4 comments:

Pope family June 27, 2009 at 8:02 PM  

Congrats again! We are excited for you guys and glad everything is working out for you.

mom and dad June 28, 2009 at 11:07 AM  

Good luck with the house hunting. Hopefully you'll be able to find something soon so you can get settled quickly.

aj June 28, 2009 at 6:17 PM  

Wow congrats Ryan! I'm super excited but sad too.. we won't get to see yall on Saturdays--- although any chance to get out of town-- is a plus. I am so thrill that you have this opportunity and so thankful for God's provision in your life on all aspects. I'm also glad for Katie and her job that her loyalty and commitment has been recognized by her boss and that baby Carter will be with mommie and daddy..praying that you find a place soon

Mom/Sandy June 30, 2009 at 8:58 AM  

I do like the new design and just wanted to add my congratulations.