EARTHQUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!

So here I am in the 12th floor office where I work, and I feel/hear some thuds. It feels like someone is walking really heavily outside my office door. But then no one passes, and the room starts to sway. And sway some more. Oh, and more swaying. I actually got dizzy because we were moving so much up here. I've never been anywhere but ground level during an earthquake, and the last one I felt was Northridge in 1994 (the last one I felt, but not the last one I've been in. We were out camping with Scouts once at a Marine base and right on the epicenter of the Hector Mine earthquake when it hit in the middle of the night. However, we were so wiped out from our day that no one but our leaders woke up when it rolled through.)

The news reports say it was a 5.4 magnitude. With all the movement up here in my office it felt bigger than that, but I'll believe the people who know better.

Katie and I were in contact with each other online when it happened, and she and the baby were both fine in her ground-level office building. Carter slept right through the quake. At least we know where he got it from.

0 comments: