What's the skinny?

Come Friday we will reach the end of the first part of the latest weight loss competition with Katie's family. The Couples competition was between me and Katie, Katie's parents, and Katie's sister Karen and her husband Randy. It's been 3 months of staring woefully at foods sure to sabotage weekly weigh-ins, morning (mourning?) exercises, and shrinking waistlines.

We haven't updated the blog during the competition at all, and I'm sorry. We also never did before and after photos. Again, sorry.

Katie started at 144, and is hovering around 133 right now. I started at 184 and am right at 164.

Right now it looks like Katie are on track to win as a couple, and then we'll enter the second phase of the competition: keeping it off for 6 months. If we keep the weight off for 6 months (or lose more!) there's a prize incentive from Katie's parents. This, for me, will be the hardest part, because after the last competition I gained back about 30 of the 40 pounds I'd lost, which shows an embarrassing lack of self-control on my part. I jokingly blame Katie, because early in her pregnancy she couldn't eat, and I would finish all her food for her, but really I should have just kept to the program and restrained myself.

0 comments: