From Fail to Win

My day started off with the start of a new semester at school. My final semester! I had one morning class, and then I'd be off to a second interview in Universal City for an internship with Law and Order.
The first interview had gone really well, so I was looking forward to going back and hopefully hitting it off again with the next person in the line, and securing the internship.


As the title and attitude of this post might foretell, it wasn't meant to be. This interview just didn't feel good at all, and I struggle now to see where it went wrong. I wasn't getting positive vibes the way I was the last time, and the interviewer all but told me to have fun looking elsewhere. He did have some useful things to say about the industry and internships in general, but overall it was just not feeling like a win.

Sure enough, later that day I got a call saying the choice had been tough, but they'd gon with someone else for the internship. I was crushed. My prospects right now are nil, and here we are with the semester already started. I need this to graduate. Looks like I've got some work ahead of me.

As the title belies, there's a happy ending to this post. But not in the internship department...

Back in October we blogged about Brickcon, and our part in coordinating the big Lego Battlestar Galactica display there.

The Battlestar Galactica display at Brickcon got some major attention today, and it's all due to the Brothers Brick.


Click to see the fullsize image!
That's our Lego display on the bottom left!

The Battlestar page on SciFi.com (the SciFi Channel homepage) links to a post on geek site dvice about the display, which links to an article Gizmodo, another geeky/tech blog who got the original story from Brothers-Brick, a well-known and respected blog followed by fans of Lego around the world.

This was the most awesome way to end my supremely crushing day. I'm prouder than ever of everyone in the band of friends who helped make the Battlestar display shine, and Katie for not only putting up with a 7-foot hangar in our living room, and Lego all over the house, but for her mosaic contribution. Thanks honey! You are awesome!

1 comments:

Susan January 29, 2009 at 1:06 PM  

Ryan, Boy those folks at Law and Order made a bad mistake not picking you for the internship. Sorry!!!! Legos look great....
Did you go into the Bakers and see the beautiful transformation???
XXOO Mom